Monday, October 15, 2007

Starting all over again?

After losing my minimal bankroll the other day - i decided okay one last time... i added $55 to my account and started to work my account back up. I played .25/.50 but mostly .10/.25 and got it to just over $100.

Long story short i was able to get my account to over $400 or so and cashed out my initial investment and some more ($250).

I played in a $10 rebuy on FTP. 527 entrants and i came 47th. I got $50 and come cents. I played pretty decent but my last hour of play was horrible. This is a part of my game i need to improve upon. I always seem to tighten up and I think the point to become aggressive is when there is only 50-80 people remaining. Because i didn't i was left with about 10-15k below the chip average and had to make a play, tried doing so with KQ os and got called down by JJ and i couldn't win another race.

Below are some links to hand i played- let me know if you notice some awful plays etc. I have added some comments from just after the hands occured of my own thoughts. Please - give me feedback so i can become a better MTT player.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1592566
AK suited early, preflop raise from solid player of 3x the BB, i JUST call, should i have RR here? Should i have folded to the bet on the flop, maybe RR?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1592588
UGH UGH UGH! (Can you tell this hand pissed me off? lol)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1592660
BEST PLAY OF THE MTT RIGHT HERE (maybe so?)

beginning of my downfall? misplayed? should RR here?
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1592761

and so it was.... lol. I put 30 into the tourny - and only made 20 profit. I was right up there in chips for the majority of the game, but my game just isnt meant for large stack/large blind play. This is a part of my game i have to improve upon if i am to become a better MTT player. I know im good enough to get to the low end of money in the majority of the MTT's i play - but getting to the final 9-18 always seems to evade me... once again - any ideas/suggestions/books to read/sites to visit/ that you think would help, please let me know.

All in all a solid day at the tables, netting myself at LEAST 200 profit (from my cash out) leaving me with $320 in my account.

No comments: